The One Sky Institute is looking for mid-career professionals to engage with and explore new approaches to implementing and evaluating equitable STEM programming. Mentored by an experienced faculty of practitioners and researchers, participants will learn to broaden participation in STEM in their fields and come together as a community of professionals dedicated to increasing equity in the STEM ecosystem.
Scope of community activities:
- A three-day workshop in Chicago, Ill., March 27 to 29, 2018
- Six 90-minute virtual meetings throughout the year
- Participation in the 2019 AERA conference in Toronto, April 5 to 9
- Design and development of a mini-pilot project at your organization
Credentials to apply:
- Between four and 12 years of work experience in public/community engagement (i.e. community-based programs, afterschool, digital media, science communication, university outreach, museums, and more)
- Current position is directly involved in broadening participation and advancing equity in STEM
- Demonstrated commitment to re-thinking public engagement activities and their role in creating equitable STEM opportunities and outcomes
Complete the One Sky Institute Application online and email a letter of support from your supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org that shows:
- Support for your time to participate in institute activities
- Support for your implementation of a mini-pilot project at your organization
- A brief description of how your participation will help your organizations goals.